FAQs - Frecuently Asked Questions
HOW TO CHOOSE THE PROPER FLOOR FOR MY PROJECT?
- In DIVANO you can find design specialists, who can provide you with the ideal technical advice to choose an attractive floor, easy to install and maintain, and strong enough to adjust to the challenges of everyday life and lifestyle.
WHAT ARE ENGINEERED WOOD OR STRUCTURED SOLID WOOD FLOORINGS?
- They are high technology floors manufactured with a thick layer of POLISHABLE SOLID WOOD that goes directly attached to a structure manufactured in BALTIC BIRCH resistant to moisture. In the manufacturing process of the STRUCTURE, several layers of Baltic Birch are placed perpendicularly one on top of the other until forming a compact structure formed generally by 9 or 11 layers of wood. The veins of the different layers of birch run in different directions that absorb and significantly reduce the natural expansion or contraction of the wood caused by daily and seasonal variations in temperature and humidity. This process guarantees an exceptional stability of the ENGINEERED floor in all conditions, even if they are installed over artificial heating systems, either radiant, by walls or ceilings. Another feature of ENGINEERED FLOORS is that they are already finished at the factory with high traffic resistance finishes that provide the floors with maximum protection and easy and fast maintenance.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ENGINEERED WOOD FLOORING AND A STRUCTURED SOLID WOOD FLOOR?
- None, this type of floors are known worldwide as Engineered Wood Flooring, or Engineering Floor; however DIVANO, as a pioneer in the introduction to the country of this floor several years ago, adopted and positioned the name of Solid Wood Structured Floor to make easier the understanding of its physical characteristics.
WHAT IS THE DEGREE FOR WOOD SELECTION?
- • Each tree is unique, and even the different parts of the same tree produce different appearances. The knot and vein patterns help to define and add personality. Some of our products have more personality than others. That is why we have developed a classification system to help you find the floor with the expression you want.
- • SELECT: It has few knots and these are of a small size (Max 10mm thickness). It is possible that slight tension cracks may occur. There may be small variations of color in the wood itself. This grade allows for the natural wood pattern.
- • CLASSIC: It is characterized by a more vigorous color palette, which includes sapwood, healthy knots and cracks. Small groups of knots are also allowed.
- • RUSTIC: It allows practically unlimited knot size. You should also expect a large number of natural wood knots. Heartwood and sapwood are used, allowing a stronger color variation.
WHAT IS A HIGH-END LAMINATE FLOOR
- It is a floor that consists of several layers of materials joined together through a rolling process. The inner core is made of very high-density particle board, known as HDF. The finishing consists of a printed paper that imitates wood. The surface layer is reinforced with a wear layer of aluminum oxide, which is one of the hardest existing materials.
- The original high-end laminate flooring is manufactured in such a way that it offers high resistance to scratches, pressure, impacts, dirt, sunlight, humidity and heat. In addition to the HDF core and the wear aluminum oxide layer, PERGO® laminate floors are composed of various proprietary layers, which contribute to creating the most durable laminate flooring in the world.
WHAT IS TITANX™ AND WHAT ASPECT DOES IT GIVE TO THE FLOOR?
- TitanX™ is a patented multi-layer technology that provides very high resistance to withstand falling objects and the use of heels, scratches and give a high gloss. It also makes the floor look as new and newly installed for a longer time.
IN WHAT AREAS OF MY PROJECT, I SHOULD NOT INSTALL HIGH END LAMINATE FLOORS?
- Never install a laminate floor inside a bathroom shower, or other wet areas that have a drain on the floor.
- Neither should a laminate floor be installed directly on beams, because it requires a rigid and stable subfloor that supports it.
- Our SENSATION collection with special coating AQUA SAFE can be installed in showers and kitchen exits.
DO ALL HIGH END LAMINATE FLOORS LOOK THE SAME?
- No, they are designed with authentic and sophisticated finishes, and in addition they highlight the feeling of the wooden planks; many of our floors have beveled edges and we have nine different surface textures and four different shine levels, transmitting the same sense of authenticity that they show.
HOW CAN I CLEAN THE HIGH END LAMINATE FLOOR?
- • Keep in mind that this type of floor has a hard and compact surface layer to which dirt and dust hardly adhere.
- • To keep the floor clean, simply vacuum or clean with dry rag.
- • In areas requiring specific maintenance, you can use a cloth moistened with a special cleaner (ask DIVANO).
- • For floors with a matte finish, we recommend a more frequent cleaning with a cleaner over the entire surface, since dirt tends to adhere easily.
- • Never use a mop rag with excess moisture over a floor with beveled edges, since moisture can accumulate in the joints; Instead, use the rag slightly moistened and well wrung out, making sure to dry any remaining water that may remain in the joints.
CAN I USE A STEAM CLEANING SYSTEM LIKE THOSE SHOWN ON TV SALE CHANNELS IN MY LAMINATE FLOOR?
- • No, you should not use these systems, as they can favor water penetration through joints, which should always be avoided.
WHAT IS THE WARRANTY OF HIGH END LAMINATE FLOORING?
- • They are made to last. Their solid and innovative structure gives them a durability which you will love whenever any of the contingencies of everyday life occur.
- • All of our floors are covered by a broad warranty. Our PUBLIC EXTREME and ORIGINAL EXCELLENCE quality levels are covered by a direct factory warranty for life, while LIVING EXPRESSION floors are offered with a direct factory warranty for 25 years. These guarantees are for home applications. Commercial guarantees are available upon request.
WHAT IS A VINYL – LVT FLOOR?
- • The acronym LVT stands for luxury vinyl flooring - that is, a product that looks like a true wood and/or stone floor, but provides many more practical advantages.
- • PERGO® VINYL-LVT floors are designed to withstand the challenges of everyday life and offer a long-lasting beauty. Each sheet has 4 internal layers and the surface layer in TitanV ™ that offers great resistance to the adherence of dirt and micro-scratches that make the Vinyl LVT floor, the ideal choice for spaces that are used intensively, since retains its attractive look for many years.
CAN I INSTALL A VINYL - LVT FLOOR OVER AND ALREADY EXISTING FLOOR?
- • Yes, PERGO® VINYL floors can be installed on concrete floors, on existing tiles and wooden floors that are well leveled.
CAN I USE VINYL - LVT FLOORS IN A BATHROOM?
- • Yes, VINYL - LVT floors are highly resistant to humidity and, therefore, are a safe option for environments with certain humidity, such as bathrooms. In addition, since they are so welcoming, warm and soft, you will love walking barefoot.
- • However, keep in mind that although an OCCASIONAL exposure to moisture is not a problem, long-term exposure to a large amount of moisture should be avoided; otherwise, moisture can penetrate UNDER the floor covering and cause other problems. For this reason, the VINYL - LVT FLOOR is not recommended to be installed in saunas, steam baths, showers, etc.
HOW CAN I CLEAN AND MAINTAIN THE VINYL – LVT FLOOR?
- • VINYL - LVT floors are very easy to keep clean. Use a mere broom, a microfiber cloth, a vacuum cleaner or a wet mop with cleaner (consult DIVANO).
I LIKE THE VINYL FLOOR, BUT ¿WHAT ABOUT THE ACCESSORIES?
- • When we talk about vinyl floors, the real beauty is found in the details, not only in the planks on which we walk. That is why in DIVANO you can find skirting boards, moldings or boards, manufactured in the same material as the planks, necessary to match each floor reference.
CAN I USE OFFICE CHAIRS IN A VINYL – LVT FLOOR?
- • Yes, but the use of soft wheels and/or an office-friendly acrylic mats is recommended. This will help extend the life of your floor and help you maintain its original beauty for much longer.
- • Keep in mind that rubber can permanently damage a vinyl floor. Therefore, avoid the rubber legs furniture, rubber wheels or rubber-coated floor mats.
CAN I INSTALL HIGH END LAMINATE FLOORS OR LVT VINYL FLOORS IN COMMERCIAL AREAS?
- • All our floors are available in different quality levels, providing tranquility and versatility, in the places where higher performance is required.
- • High End Laminate Floors: Living Expressión (Superior durability for all home usages), Original Excellence (Exceptional durability for harsh demands of everyday life) and Public Extreme (Extreme durability for high wear and tear and public areas).
- • Vinyl – LVT Floor: Premium (the ideal option for home use) and Optimum (Heavy-duty wear layer for professional use).